As part of government’s efforts to minimize the rate of unemployment in Nigeria, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the Lagos state governor has approved Internship scheme for 4,000 unemployed graduates in his state in line with the T.H.E.M.E.S Agenda of the present administration and the Youth Development Programme of the State. Also apply for Oyo business recovery programme.
Benefits of the programme
Benefits of the program are:
- To give graduates the opportunity to develop employability and work-ready skills that are needed to get employment.
- Beneficiaries will be paid a monthly stipend of N40,000 for the six months duration of the internship.
- At the end of the internship period, interns would have gained valuable applied work experience, built up their professional skills and would have been exposed to possible entrepreneurial opportunities to strengthen their professional skills and interpersonal relationship.
Requirements for Lagos State Graduate Internship Programme
Interested applicants must possess the following qualifications;
- NYSC Certificates or Certificate of Exemption, and
- Be registered residents of the State with Lagos State Residents Registration Agency, LASRRA.
How to Apply for Lagos State Graduate Internship Programme
To apply for the programme, interested applicants should visit gipplasg.lagosstate.gov.ng
NB: The selection process will be transparent. After taking an online test, successful candidates will be trained on employability skills for two weeks. And then will subsequently be placed on six months paid Internship with Private organisations, and selected Public Agencies in line with their qualifications.