How to change Date of Birth during NYSC online registration

Prospective Corps members usually encounter challenges during NYSC online registration. One of such challenges is a wrong date of birth. In this article, I will show you how to change your date of birth during NYSC online registration.

The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) usually gives Prospective Corps Members (PCMs) the opportunity to correct a mistake or an error in their date of birth.

It is no longer news that NYSC issues a certificate of exemption to graduates who exceed 30 years.

However, there are always graduates who are not really up to 30 years but due to one mistake or the other they exceed 30.

If there is a mistake in your Date of Birth, there is a way to correct it. You can change your date of birth during or after NYSC online registration. You may like how NYSC calculate age for mobilization.

Below is how to change your date of birth during NYSC online registration;

SEE ALSO:  Sample of NYSC Online Registration Form

How to change date of birth during NYSC online registration

  1. Purchase WAEC results verification PIN
  2. Go to the NYSC portal at
  3. Login to your NYSC dashboard with your e-mail and Password
  4. Click “Resume Registration” link
  5. Click on “Change date of birth” button. Once you click on “Change date of birth”, a page with a form will pop-up.
  6. Fill the form and submit your entries.

Note: The procedures to change date of birth above are for those who really have wrong date of birth. In fact, what NYSC will do is to import your date of birth from WAEC; that’s why they required WAEC result verification PIN.

Exemption due to age mistakes

If you are exempted because a mistake was made on your date of birth, you can use the methods described above to correct it by importing your WAEC Date of Birth to your NYSC profile.

SEE ALSO:  How NYSC Calculate Age Limit For Mobilization

But if the date of birth in your WAEC is still up to 30 years, and NYSC exempts you as because of your age. I’m sorry to say the methods described above may not help you.

This is because even if NYSC import age in your WAEC data, it will be above 30 years when calculate.

So, changing of age during NYSC online registration does not mean you will just quote any age.

NYSC will be like, “if you say you are not up to 30 years or that there is a mistake in your date of birth, then let’s check your WAEC data”.

Solution for those exempted because of age, and their WAEC age still above 30

There is no solution for that unless your Institution will help you; and you know it is illegal.

SEE ALSO:  How To Check JAMB Regularization Status

NYSC is seriously against age manipulation, so if NYSC find out that your school is manipulating age of their candidates, they will bar them from taking part in NYSC.

However, I will show you a trick for educational purpose.

Warning: the information I’m are about to disclose is only for educational purposes. I will not be held responsible if you use it for other purposes.

Since, since NYSC calculate age from the information submitted to JAMB, you can do JAMB Regularization to reduce your age with JAMB.

Go to JAMB office and specifically tell them you want to change your age through regularization.

Once the regularization is completed and you your data validated, then go back to your school and inform them of the change.

Your school will have to update your data on the NYSC portal. Once it is done, bum! You are good to serve your fatherland.

The Author


Humphery is a seasoned internet entrepreneur and a life coach. He has been the Nyscinfo ambassador since 2017. He is knowledgeable enough to guide you. Keep following this website for updates, we love you!


Add a Comment
  1. Pls I ve bought d waec verification pin to enable me change my DOB… but d DOB column is not showing on my dashboard… I don’t want to go for service pls.
    For now I ve not printed my call up letter

  2. Pls how can I change my date of birth on my dashboard, it supposed to be written as July 15 1998 they wrote June 14 1998…pls how can I change that

  3. I can’t see change of dob on my dashboard and I have completed my registration. I want to get exemption letter, please how do I go about this

    1. If you still want to serve even if you re above 30, I’m at ur service, 07064412700

  4. I changed my age during regularization but all I saw after NYSC registration was certificate of exemption pls Humphrey do I do about it.

  5. I will be graduating this year and I wrote Waec last year, can I use it to correct my date of birth during nysc registration?

  6. Pls. I have only NECO and I wan’t apply for change of date of birth on my JAMB. How can I start?

    1. You can only apply with WAEC

  7. Usman Kamal Muhammad

    I followed all the steps but my DOB can’t be edited why?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *