Did you enrol for National Identity Card? If ‘yes’, it’s possible that your plastic identity card is ready for collection but you don’t know. There is actually a way you can check if your National ID card is ready for pick up without going to NIMC office. Here we will guide you on how to check if your National ID Card is ready for collection. Also check out how to get your National ID Card through NIMC Mobile App.Apply Loan
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has launched an online platform through which anyone can check if their National ID card is ready. Quick Loan
How to check if my National Identity Card is ready for collection
Below are steps on how to check if your National ID card is ready for pickup:
- Visit the NIMC portal at www.nimc.gov.ng
Scroll down the home page to locate “e-ID Card Status Portal” link.
Click on “e-ID Card Status Portal” link.
Enter your First Name, Last Name and your NIMC check tracking ID.
Finally, click on “Check now” button.
Congratulations! If your plastic National ID card is ready, you can now go to an activation centre to collect and activate it. Check out how to edit or modify your data on National ID Card.
Requirements for National ID Card collection
Before you can collect and activate your ID card, you must meet the following requirements;
- Batch ID Number, which you must have received via SMS.
- A 4-digit PIN for your ID Card activation.
- Your fingerprints will be used for activation.
National ID card activation process
Your ID is not valid unless it is activated. Follow the procedures below to activate it;
- Visit the NIMC ID card collection centre.
- Show them the SMS or Email you got from NIMC containing batch ID.
- NIMC Card Operations Support Officer will use the batch ID to sort out your card.
- After sorting the card, you will be asked to confirm your names and address on the card envelope.
- After confirming your name, open the card envelope, take out your ID Card, and verify the names, date of birth and image on the face of the Card, after which activation is done.
- The activation officer will collect the ID card from you for a Match-on-Card (MOC) verification.
- After the MOC verification, the Electronic Public Key Infrastructure (ePKI), Electronic ID (eID), International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) applet and Europay-MasterCard-Visa (EMV) applet will be activated using a four-digit PIN created by you (same as ATM card activation). Loan
Functions of the National ID card
The Nigeria National ID card has amazing functions such as;
- Contains key information of the holder, such as their National Identification Number (NIN), address, name and other details.
- Can be used for making payments for goods and services anywhere in the world.
- It has your 10 fingerprints taken at the point of registration into the National Identity Database.
- Electronic Public Key Infrastructure (ePKI) on the card is a security function that facilitates secure communication between persons, users, and devices.
- It can be used as a Voter’s card.
How to register for National ID card
The information above is mainly on how to check if your eID card is ready for collection. So to enrol or register for National ID card, Click Here to begin. Also see how to check if your NIN has successfully linked to your SIM (All Networks). loans