Do you wish to edit your data on National ID Card? If ‘yes’, you are on the right page. In this post, we will show you how to edit or change your data on National ID Card.
The National Identity Card Management Commission (NIMC) allows Nigerians to modify their name, date of birth, address, and other information on their National Identity Card.
NIMC understands that mistake is unavoidable. So, if you made a mistake during the process of National Identity card registration, you can correct the mistake to have more accurate information through NIMC modifications scheme. See how to register for National ID Card Online.
Categories of modifications on National ID Card
- Adults Modifications: This is the modification of data for Nigerians that are 16 years old and above.
- Minors Modifications: This type of modification of data is for people that are below 16 years.
So, by now you must have known the category you fall into.
Note: not all fields in the National ID Card are not modifiable. And modification attract a charge of ₦500, except for modification of age, which attracts ₦15,000. See how to get your National ID card through NIMC mobile app.
Fields you can modify
- Names (₦500)
- Addresses (₦500)
- Date of Birth (₦15,000)
- Phone Number (₦500)
- Place of Origin (₦500)
- Place of Birth (₦500)
- Father’s and Mother’s information (₦500)
- NIN (National Identity Number)
- State and LGA of Registration
- Registration Centre
- Ward and Polling Unit
- Tracking Number
- Date of Death
- Registration Date
- ID Card Number
- Finger Print
Requirements for data correction or modification
To change data on your National ID card, you must meet the following requirements;
- Original copy of the National Identity Number (NIN) slip issued during registration
- Print out of the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number after payment in bank
- Application letter for change of data fields that you wish to modify, stating the reason
Supporting documents for modification of data
Change of Name:
- Sworn Affidavit
- Newspaper change of name publication
- Marriage Certificate (in cases of marriage)
Change of Address:
- Utility Bill
- Tenancy Agreement (If you a tenant)
- Bank Statement
- Community leader Attestation
Change of Phone Number (due to loss or damage):
- Police Report
Change of Level of Education:
- Certificate obtained
Change of Occupation:
- Letter of job offer
How to change or edit your data on National ID Card
Follow the steps below to edit your data on National ID card;
1. Visit any National ID card enrolment centre with the required documents
2. Collect data modification form and fill it.
3. Your data modification forms will be cross checked by NIMC Officials
4. NIMC will input the data on their system and ask you to check if there is an error.
5. Your Biometrics will be captured.
6. Transaction ID Slip will be issued to you as an evidence of the transaction.
7. You go home and return after 2 or 5 working days
8. Finally, collect your modified NIN slip
Note: You must make payment before modification commences.
How to make payment
1. Visit www.remita.net
2. Click on ‘Pay Bills‘ icon
3. WHO DO YOU WANT TO PAY? Enter “National Identity Management Commis” in the box.
4. NAME OF SERVICE/PURPOSE? Select “Modification of any other field other than DOB” or “Correction of date of Birth” or other service as the case may be..
5. AMOUNT TO PAY (₦)? It will be automatically set based on your choice of service.
6. SELECT CURRENCY? It will be automatically set
7. PAYER’S NAME? Enter your full name in the box.
8. PAYER PHONE? Enter your phone number.
9. PAYER EMAIL? Enter your email address
10. CONFIRM EMAIL? Enter your email address again
11. Verify you are human by ticking, “I am not a robot” reCAPTCHA checkbox. t might ask you to select image, just do it.
12. Click on the ‘Submit’ button to ͞proceed to payment.
13. Print the invoice and take note of your RRR.
14. Choose a payment method; ‘Card’ or ‘Bank Branch’.
15. Proceed to complete your transaction.