Are you a graduate of a Nigerian Polytechnic with a Higher National Diploma [HND] Certificate? Are you worried about the ongoing discrimination between HND and BSc holders as it may one day work against you? Do you want to know how you can officially convert your HND to a B.Sc.? If this describes you, then I have a great news that will excite you.
The National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) has launched an online top-up program for Higher National Diploma (HND) holders to upgrade their certification to a Bachelor’s Degree.
Nyscinfo reports that the board, through its new one-year top-up program with overseas approved colleges, offered HND to B.Sc conversion.
Mrs. Fatima Abubakar, the Board’s Head of Media Unit, made the new development public on Monday in Abuja in a statement made accessible to the press.
According to her, the board’s failure to obtain legal support for a proposed direct master’s program for affected HND holders forced it to look for ways to improve HND holders in the country because they are vital to Nigeria’s industrialization and delivery.
Other issues that HND holders encounter, according to Abubakar, include that many polytechnic HND graduates are not mobilized for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
According to Abubakar, this is also to assist the development of HND holders to higher degrees.
In this article, we would like to walk you through the process of converting an HND to a BSc on the NBTE website.
- You must be eligible to run the one-year programme. You must have an HND certificate from any government-approved and recognised polytechnics and monotechnics.
- Visit the admission portal https://admission.topup.nbte.gov.ng and Sign Up or Sign In if you already created an account.
- Provide details of your HND certificate when you successfully sign in.
- When you are done with creating your account, you locate the section that says submission of a new application. Note the programme you pick from the university should align with NBTE’s accredited technical and vocational fields.
- After your course selection, then you will see options to pick the university of your choice.
- Click the program fees button to see details of the institution you picked on the institutional profile page,as well as form details.
- Then you make a payment of USD 100 for form fees. Then the university begins to process your admission.
- After submitting the form, you will see the application status under the ‘My applications’ tab; there you can see your application status.
- You then go to the payments tab to download your receipt for the application form fee payment.
- After the university approves your admission, you can go to my application and download your admission letter.