Julius Berger Nigeria Plc (JBN) has opened portal to receive applications from Nigerians for its 2023 scholarship scheme for young female students.
In this post, Nyscinfo will supply all information that will help our readers to successfully apply for this great opportunity that has been provided by Nigeria’s foremost construction company. Make sure you read carefully to get all the details.
About Julius Berger Nigeria Plc (JBN)
Julius Berger Nigeria Plc (JBN) is a leading Nigerian company offering holistic services covering the planning, design, engineering, construction, operation, and maintenance of buildings, infrastructure, and industry projects. Julius Berger is a committed partner with a strong track record of reliable high-quality results.
As part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and in fulfillment of its commitment to drive enhancement and capacity building within the Education and Human Capital Development sector of Nigeria, the company is awarding scholarships to qualified female engineering students in public universities across the country.
Before you begin your application, make sure you have gone over all of the material in the various tabs.
Important Points To Note:
- Application for the JBN scholarship is FREE.
- SCHOLASTICA is the official platform for the JBN Scholarship. For enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beware of fraudulent websites when applying for the JBN scholarship online. Such websites may ask you to make some payments in the course of the application.
- E-mail applications are NOT accepted.
- JBN does NOT assign representatives/agents to assist applicants to apply.
- Any candidate found to have presented false documents will be disqualified or withdrawn at any level of the scholarship process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test.
- Applications must be submitted by October 9, 2023, or earlier.
- Only the candidates who have been shortlisted will be informed of the examination date. JBN retains the right to pick and narrow down the pool of applicants
Requirements for Scholarship Scheme Qualification
The merit-based scholarship is available to Nigerian public university undergraduate full-time female students enrolled in the following programmes: architecture, building and construction engineering, building engineering, building technology, cartography, chemical engineering, civil engineering, construction engineering, construction project management, electrical engineering, land surveying, mechanical engineering, metallurgical and material, metallurgy, production engineering, Project Management, Quantity Surveying and Structural Engineering.
- Being a Nigerian citizen
- Be a woman
- Be a student at a federally or state-owned university in Nigeria.
- Be a student in the Engineering, Environmental, or Technology Faculty.
- Be enrolled full-time in their second year of study at a federal or state university in Nigeria that has been granted NUC accreditation.
- Possess a 3.5 CGPA or above in a 5-grade system.
Documents Required for Application
As part of their application, applicants must attach scanned copies of the following documents:
- A current JPEG photo of the applicant no more than 200 kilobytes, sized for a passport;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) score, O’ Level result(s), and ‘A’ Level/OND/NCE result(s), if applicable; University or JAMB admission letter;
- Academic performance in the 100-level
How To Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Julius Berger on candidate.scholastica.ng to apply
- Every applicant should have a valid personal email account and phone number.
- Applications by eligible candidates should be submitted online at https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/jbn2023
- Candidates should include personal and educational details in the application.
To apply, follow the steps below:
- 1. Click on “Apply Now” tab.
2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/jbn2023 to return to the Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, and other information and upload the required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in the same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to ensure that they are clear and accurate.
9. When asked to upload a photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information
12. A message will pop up that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/, enter your Email and Password to download your profile, and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If the National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and fingerprint capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centers www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- 16. Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/JBN and update the application with a National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship Organization
For more details, visit Scholastica website on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/jbn2023