The Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC), in partnership with the Kofi Annan Foundation, is happy to introduce the Kofi Annan Fellowship in Public Health Leadership Program, which is open to ambitious leaders with a background in any discipline of public health.
The fellowship seeks to help African public health executives gain advanced skills and competences in order to plan, administer, and lead public health programs that will favorably impact Africa’s health. Applicants are advised to submit their applications before the deadline.
Criteria for Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the fellowship:
Citizens of an African Union member state are required.
Have a postgraduate degree in public health or a related subject.
Have relevant professional experience in public health, including but not limited to one health, medicine, finance, health economics, health policy, animal health, or environmental health.
Be employed full-time in a private or public institution in Africa in any area of public health.
Have a proven track record or the ability to demonstrate the potential for effective public health leadership in areas where populations’ public health outcomes can be improved.
Benefits of The Fellowship
- Expenses incurred as a result of the fellowship
- Allowance for travel
- Allowance per day
- During residential placements, insurance is required.
- Online learning software that is relevant
How to Apply
The online application form is required for all Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Programme applicants. The following information must be provided by applicants:
- A letter of support from your current employer confirming your employment and assuring your participation in the fellowship.
- Two professional referees’ letters of recommendation
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words demonstrating the applicant’s dedication to African public health.
- A proposal for a leadership challenge project of no more than 750 words describing a potential leadership challenge project that they will undertake.
All completed applications and accompanying documentation should be forwarded to KofiAnnanFellowship@africa-union.org in a single email.