The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation selects talented young Nigerians from the various Partner Universities who have demonstrated strong academic excellence and well-roundedness in both professional and extracurricular pursuits each year and provides them with intensive career training and skill-building exercises to aid them in long-term career development.
The NHEF Scholars Program is for undergraduate students enrolled in any of the NHEF Partner Universities in Nigeria for the academic year 2022.
Four institutions founded the Partnership for Higher Education in Africa (PHEA) in 2000, believing that higher education was crucial to Africa’s regeneration. The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and Carnegie Foundation of New York formed the initial collaboration, and three foundations, Mellon Foundation, Kresge Foundation, and Hewlett Foundation, joined PHEA a few years later. The NHEF aspires to a future in which Nigerian higher education is among the greatest in the world, with Nigerian institutions producing global scholars and leaders capable of making a lasting influence in Nigeria and throughout Africa. As a result, we want to engage with Nigerian universities and provide local and worldwide resources to help young Nigerian academics develop, sustain, and enhance their skills and leadership.
The NHEF Scholars Program’s Goals and Benefits for Young Nigerians
- They want to see a significant increase in the number of well-educated Nigerians in leadership positions in Nigeria and around the world. To accomplish this, they aim to close skill gaps in important areas of the economy by offering a variety of programs to talented Nigerian university students, ranging from vital on-the-job training to hands-on skills seminars. They provide world-class training and assistance to their Scholars with the help of their partner firms, allowing them to compete effectively in the employment market.
- NHEF provides exceptional students with opportunities to work in the corporate sector through partnerships with top companies in Nigeria’s core industries. Financial services, business law, engineering, and technology are all important industries.
NHEF Scholars Program Requirements for Young Nigerians Qualification
To be eligible for the NHEF scholarship program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Only students in their penultimate year at an NHEF partner university are eligible to apply. Students in the third year of a four-year study program or the fourth year of a five-year study program were enrolled the year before last. The NHEF will check each applicant’s registration with the University’s Registrar.
- To be considered for an NHEF Scholar, candidates must demonstrate a strong dedication to leadership, community service, philanthropy, and creating a global impact.
- Applicants must be penultimate students at one of our Partner universities, i.e. 300-level students enrolled in a 4-year program or 400-level students enrolled in a 5-year program.
- The universities that are NHEF partners are listed above.
How to Apply
If you’re interested and qualified, please fill out the form below. To apply, go to Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF).
Visit the NHEF website for additional information.