We are looking for top-tier problem solvers who are driven by data, obsess about execution, and produce results without fail.
With a good balance of both technical talents and business understanding, you will be most successful. You will produce insights as a data analyst by thoroughly analyzing PayPal’s substantial data.
In the process, you will gain exposure to a wide range of functional teams within PayPal and gain a thorough understanding of the payments industry and the functionality of our site. You will also further develop your analytical, leadership, and presentation skills.
- Understand how to make data visually appealing and simple to both navigate and comprehend for end-users
- Aggregate data from various sources to construct streamlined data pipelines and integrate data from multiple PayPal systems
Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track the progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives.
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making
- Work closely across the matrix with teams like Finance, Marketing, Product, Engineering and senior executives
- Lead and participate in special projects/initiatives: innovate and implement large-scale quality improvements to processes and/or systems by conducting data analysis and making recommendations, troubleshooting technical issues, and refining processes around customer support.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
Demonstrated experience, familiarity and ease with handling large data sets and crunching numbers
- Information Retrieval (search/recommendation/classification) experience or Human Judgment/User Interface experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms, and effectively influence both peers and senior leadership.
Information and requirements for the internship program:
- This internship program is for the summer of 2023. Internships for the spring and fall of 2023 are not available.
- Must be enrolled in a program at an accredited college or university to pursue a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or a related discipline.
- Must start classes again in the fall of 2023.
- During the Summer internship program, you must reside in the United States.
- Must be able to secure permission to work for the summer in the United States.
- Our goal at PayPal is to create a just and inclusive global economy. And without you, our most valuable asset, we cannot accomplish this. We provide perks to support your success at every stage of life because of this. We support your overall well-being by providing helpful benefits and services to assist you in taking care of your financial, physical, and mental health.
- In addition to a flexible work environment, employee share choices, health and life insurance, and other outstanding benefits, we also provide. Visit http://www.paypalbenefits.com to find out more about our benefits.
This job posting is a general advertisement for all PayPal Summer Software Engineer Internships.
Applicants will be asked to complete a skills assessment via HackerRank
Following the assessment, applicants will hear back from a University Recruiter with next steps.
Apply For: CBN Non-Interest Loan 2023