The Department of Transportation and Community Safety is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with specific employment equality goals.
The Department desires to welcome applications for the following learnership possibilities from South African adolescents resident in Limpopo Province and from all race groups, with a preference for previously disadvantaged groups:
1. Minimum educational qualification of grade 12 or equivalent.
2. The applicants must not be older than 35 years of age. (18-35)
3. At least a valid code 8 driving license (Manual Transmission).
4. No criminal record
5. Medical certificate as proof that a person may do strenuous exercise.
6. The applicants must not have been declared unfit to possess a firearm as contemplated in the Firearm Control Act, 2000 ( Act no 60 of 2000), or other relevant legislation
7. Be prepared to work shifts on a 24/7 basis including weekends and public holidays
8. Candidates will be subjected to driving and competency test
9. Proof of South African citizenship (identity Document)
Knowledge And Skills
a. The ability to drive a motor vehicle
b. Verbal and written communication skills
How To Apply:
1. Applications should be submitted on the prescribed new ZB3 form (Obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at https://www.gov.za/documents, which must be completed in full, originally signed, with reference number indicated and dated by the applicant.
2. The application should be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV as well as copies of all qualifications, and ID documents.
3. 8 copies of the driver’s license and an original medical certificate must be attached.
4. Failure to submit the requested documents will result in your application not being considered. The employer reserves the right not to implement the learnership
5. The successful candidates must be willing to sign a learnership contract with the Department. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (i.e. verification of educational qualifications, citizenship, criminal record check, and security vetting).
6. Applications received after the closing date whether posted or hand-submitted will not be considered.
7. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only, due to the large number of applications we envisage.
Application Closing Date: 07 July 2023
If you have not heard from us within 60 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Dully completed and signed 783 form and supporting documents should be forwarded/ submitted to the relevant district office at the addresses below:
1. Capricorn District: 32 Schoeman Street, Polokwane
The Director: Capricorn District.
Private Bag X 9324, Polokwane, 0700, Tel No 087 066 3845
2. Vhembe District: Thohoyandou Govt Complex
The Director Vnembe District.
Private Bag X 2145, Sibasa, 0970, Tel No 015 960 3000
3. Sekhukhune District: Lebowakgomo Govt Complex
The Director Sekhukhune District
Private Bag X 61, Lebowakgomo, 0737, Tel No 015 633 5150
4. Waterberg District: NTK Building, Cnr Thabo Mbeki & River Street
The District Director, Private Bag X 1038, Nyistroom, 0510, Tel No 014 701 3448
5. Mopani District: Giyani Govt, Complex
The Director: Mopani District
Private Bag X 9679, Gryani, 0826, Tel No 015 811 7000
Inquiries: Mr, Setutero Rasetate Tel 015 204 6240/Ms. Florence Mathatho Tel: (015) 294 6211
Note. Communication will be restricted to the shortlisted candidates only Should you not hear from us within 60 days from the closing date of this advertisement, consider your application unsuccessful.