All Fellows are guaranteed by Teach For Nigeria to possess the knowledge and abilities required to inspire their pupils to excel. An intensive residential training session lasting six weeks precedes the Teach For Nigeria Fellowship. In addition to other modules, workshops, and essentials of effective teaching, Fellows are exposed to curriculum, lesson design, classroom facilitation, and student assessments in this setting.
Alumni of Teach For Nigeria build on their classroom teaching experience after the Fellowship to bring about long-term systemic reforms in Nigeria’s educational system as they advance into leadership positions in a variety of professions. The Teach For Nigeria concept is based on the tried-and-true models of 40 nation-based organizations, such as Teach For America, Teach First UK, Teach For Ghana, Teach For Bangladesh, Teach For Nepal, and Teach For India, all of which are a part of the Teach For All network.
- Teach for Nigeria is open to Nigerians who after the program can be a contributing change to education in Nigeria.
- Candidate must be a Nigerian citizen, hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and be younger than 35.
The selection procedure for the Teach for Nigeria Fellowship: This is a highly selective program. Leaders from various industries and graduates from the top institutions across the world apply to work for us. We choose the people with the most potential to change things through a three-stage procedure.
Benefits of Teach for Nigeria Fellowship Program
As a Teach For Nigeria Fellow, you are a part of movement of young leaders working to eliminate educational inequity. In addition, these are some of the benefits of being a Fellow:
- Opportunity to be part of a movement that is changing lives and that will change society
- Extensive leadership development training
- Intensive teacher training leading to a Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- Real responsibility from day one
- Job and internship opportunities during and post Fellowship
- Opportunity to be a part of a global network of change agents from across 42 countries
- Access to a 9 month Mentoring Programme, offering a unique opportunity to achieve professional and personal development
- Access to professional development and network of supporters
- Ongoing leadership development, coaching, business training and skills workshops
- Opportunity to design and implement a social change project
- A stipend for two years including during the school holidays.
- About 9-10 weeks of holiday
How to Apply
Go to Teach For Nigeria (TFN) on www.tfaforms.com to apply
The Application process is in three stages.
Stage 1: The Application form
Your application will assist us in better comprehending your background, the reasons behind your decision to apply for the Teach For Nigeria fellowship, and the reasons why you would make an excellent Fellow.
Stage 2; Online Test
If we find you a good fit for the fellowship through your application, you will be invited to take an online test.
Stage 3; Assessment Center
If your Online Test is successful, we will invite you to the Assessment Center, the last step in our selection process. You will conduct a five-minute lecture, participate in a group activity, and have a one-on-one interview with one of our assessors here.
Please be aware that before the completion of the recruiting cycle for the 2023 fellowship, applicants will be notified of the status of their application.