The THRIVE/Shell Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge seeks to find and assist the leading start-up and scale-up innovators who are spearheading the transition of agriculture worldwide to climate-smart methods. The endeavor is in line with the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations and Shell’s Powering Progress policy.
The challenge’s main objective is to find and promote solutions that assist farmers in:
Enhance Land: Solutions that promote carbon sequestration and avoid emissions while improving soil health.
Connect Farms: Solutions to improve farm connectivity to access carbon markets and carbon financing.
Measure Soil: Solutions that measure and quantify soil carbon, soil health, and greenhouse gas emissions.
The Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge is open to start-ups and scale-ups located around the world.
- Pre-seed to seed stage
- Start-ups will be screened based on:
- Novel – is the idea fundamentally different, disruptive and unproven?
- Valuable – could the idea create substantial new value if it works?
- Doable – is there a plan to prove the concept quickly and affordably?
- Relevant – is the idea relevant to the future of climate-smart agriculture?
- Series A +
- Proven scalability of a base business and formalized business model
- Detailed plan outlining:
- Marketing reach
- Team structure
- Key product offering
Winners will be selected to receive:
- Funding:Up to $100,000 in funding to develop a proof of concept
- Eligible for Investment: Considered or eligible for investment from Shell Ventures if investment criteria met
- Shell Gamechanger: Acceptance into the Shell GameChanger programme with access to coaching and additional funding opportunities
- Thrive Top 50 Fast-track:Receive automatic nomination for THRIVE’s TOP 50 AgTech & FoodTech Listings
- Market Validation:Potential pilot opportunities with Shell
- Publicity: Gain brand recognition through THRIVE media and brand exposure across various channels
- Award-winning Thrive Accelerator:Selected applicants will secure placement in THRIVE’s Accelerator Program in 2024
- Mentorship & Coaching:Access THRIVE’s extensive ecosystem of industry experts & receive focused startup coaching
- Thrive Ecosystem:Be shortlisted for future partnership opportunities with THRIVE’s network
How To Apply
To apply, visit THRIVE on Airtable.com.
Material submitted will be made available to THRIVE and Shell in order for them to evaluate your application.