The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship (TEF) Program is available to entrepreneurs from all over Africa, whether they have brand-new startup ideas or established enterprises that have been in operation for less than three years and operate in any industry. Successful candidates will join the nearly 9,000 current beneficiaries, who are from 54 African nations, and receive business training, mentoring, a $5,000 non-refundable seed investment, and possibilities for international networking.
The Program is a commitment of 10 years and $100 million to find, educate, coach, and support 10,000 young African entrepreneurs. The objective is to execute the Africapitalism concept, which views the private sector as Africa’s growth engine and emphasizes the value of creating social and economic riches, in order to create millions of jobs and the necessary revenue for the continent’s sustainable development.
If your startup or business idea has been around for less than three years and is in any industry or nation in Africa, you are qualified to apply.
- Open to all citizens and legal residents of any one of the 54 African countries. The proposed business must be registered and operate in Africa.
- Applicants must be 18 years old and must not be considered a minor in their country of residence. There is no upper-limit age restriction.
- Applicants can be outstanding African entrepreneurs running existing start-ups with high growth potential and aspiring business owners with transformative ideas.
- All businesses must be business ideas or an early-stage company, in the range of 0 to 3 years old.
- Your application must focus on ONE business only.
- They are particularly looking to grow representation from French, Arabic and Portuguese speakers, as well as female entrepreneurs.
- The programme is not open to research institutions, faith-based organisations, value adding trading companies, government contractors and businesses not located in Africa. Businesses must not adversely affect the environment, lives and property. Business ideas must be for profit and must be the original work of those making the submission.
Benefits Of Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program 2023
- World-class business management training
- $5,000 non-refundable seed capital
- Access to key networks and markets
- Global Networking Opportunities
How to Apply
Go to Tony Elumelu Foundation on www.tefconnect.net to apply