If you are a dedicated, creative professional who is enthusiastic about making a positive difference in the lives of children, the world’s premier children’s rights organization wants to hear from you.
The UNICEF Internship Programme provides qualifying students with the chance to gain hands-on experience with UNICEF’s activities. UNICEF is involved in a number of functional areas connected to its mandate, which can be divided into three major pillars: program and policy, external relations, and operations.
Internships are available based on the needs of the office and its capacity to accommodate and oversee interns.
About United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
For 70 years, UNICEF has worked to improve the lives of children and their families. Despite remarkable challenges around the world, UNICEF staffers fight for the rights of every child seeking safe shelter, nutrition, protection from disaster and conflicts, and equality. UNICEF works with the United Nations and its agencies to make sure that children are on the global agenda.
Benefits of UNICEF Internship Program
Internships at UNICEF are typically non-remunerative. All successful applicants are expected to make their own arrangements for travel, lodging and living expenses during the internship period.
Requirements for UNICEF Internship Program Qualification
To be considered for an internship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or PhD degree programme. Applicants enrolled in an undergraduate school must have completed at least two years of full-time studies.
- Be proficient in at least one of UNICEF’s working languages: English, French or Spanish. Fluency in the working language of the office you are applying to is required.
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
Additional consideration will be given to any past professional experience.
How to Apply
Once you identify a vacancy of interest please click on the button “Apply Now” and then proceed with instructions for the application process.
- Carefully review the requirements for each internship opportunity and customize your profile to highlight your suitability for the role.
- Build a compelling profile and get your dream job with these application and assessment tips on http://www.unicef.org/careers/get-prepared-apply.
- Due to the high number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more details on the Internship Programme, please see our Internship FAQ page.
For more details, visit UNICEF website on http://www.unicef.org/careers/internships