Baraza Media Lab Incubator provides support in building a path to commercialization, forming an excellent management team, beta testing a product or service that solves a real community need, marketing inventiveness, sound legal guidance, and a grant to cushion the experimental phase for the incubated firms. Supporting organisations or initiatives have a maximum time limit of 12 months from the date of their selection. This post takes a look at how to apply for Baraza Media Lab Incubator 2021.
- Local and international professionals provide strategic guidance and coaching.
- Local and international networking opportunities for possible alliances or team building.
- Workshops and events are available.
- Essentials for the workplace (office space, internet, etc.).
- Links to strategic partners and introductions to possible investors.
- A $2,500 stipend to help with business development, paid during the incubation term.
- Programs for business training (governance, government relations, presentation skills, management skills, business etiquette, etc.).
- Assistance in forming an Advisory Board and identifying industry mentors.
- Baraza owns 5% of the stock in the company.
Individuals and teams who want to start a business or implement a specific innovative project in the media space, as well as for-profit and nonprofit organisations, are welcome to apply.
The incubation programme is currently exclusively open to Kenyan citizens and residents.
Process of Selection for Baraza Media Lab Incubator
Professionals and members of the Baraza Media Lab team will pick candidates based on a set of predetermined criteria. Only the top five organisations will be chosen and contacted to continue with the incubation. Depending on the amount of money available for the programme, this figure could rise.
How to Apply for Baraza Media Lab Incubator
They’re seeking for fresh ideas for media-related business models and storytelling formats. For a chance to be a part of the next cohort, apply today!
To apply, please click here.
Visit Baraza Media Lab for additional information.
The deadline for applications is September 17, 2021.