If you selected the Federal University of Technology, Minna, Niger state, among your choices of institutions during your JAMB/UTME registration and you have been looking for the institution’s cutoff marks for all courses and especially the course you intend to study, you are in the right place. In this article, we will show you the updated cutoff marks for all the courses. Kindly read all through top the end.
About Federal University of Technology, Minna [FUTMINNA]
The Federal University of Technology, Minna is a Nigerian federal government-owned university. It was founded on February 1, 1983. The goal of its establishment is to put into action the nation’s quest for much-needed self-reliance in Science, Engineering, and Technology. It is a technologically specialized university.
- ADMISSION ELIGIBILITY
(i) Only UTME and DE candidates who selected Federal University of Technology, Minna as first choice during 2023 JAMB are eligible for the screening exercise.
(ii) UTME Candidates MUST have scored NOT LESS than the indicated minimum scores for various Schools/Courses/Programmes in the 2023 UTME as shown below:
Recommended Cut Off Marks
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE & AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY (SAAT)
- Agriculture 150
- Food Science and Technology 160
- Water Resources, Aquaculture & Fisheries Technology 150
SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY (SEET)
- Computer Engineering 180
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering 170
- Mechatronics Engineering 170
- Telecommunication Engineering 160
SCHOOL OF INFRASTRUCTURE, PROCESS ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY (SIPET)
- Agric. and Bioresources Engineering 160
- Chemical Engineering 170
- Civil Engineering 170
- Material and Metallurgical Engineering 160
- Mechanical Engineering 170
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering 170
SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY (SET)
- Architecture 200
- Building 150
- Estate Management & Valuation 150
- Quantity Surveying 160
- Surveying and Geoinformatics 150
- Urban and Regional Planning 150
SCHOOL OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (SICT)
- Computer Science 180
- Cyber Security Science 180
- Information Technology 170
- Information Science and Media Studies 150
SCHOOL OF INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY (SIT)
- Entrepreneurship 150
- Logistics and Transport Management 150
- Project Management Technology 150
SCHOOL OF LIFE SCIENCES (SLS)
- Animal Biology 150
- Biochemistry 170
- Microbiology 170
- Plant Biology 150
SCHOOL OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES (SPS)
- Applied Geophysics 150
- Chemistry 150
- Geography 150
- Geology 150
- Mathematics 150
- Physics 150
- Statistics 150
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION (SSTE)
- Educational Technology 150
- Industrial and Technology Education 150
- Library and Information Science 150
- Science Education 150
(iii) Candidates MUST meet the minimum UTME scores for their chosen courses and have the right UTME subject combinations as prescribed in the 2023 JAMB Brochure.
(iv) However, candidates who do not meet any of the above requirements will be allowed to change to any other course whose requirements are met by the candidates. The change of course will attract a processing fee of N2,000 only.
(v) All candidates must possess a minimum of five ‘O’ Level credits including Mathematics and English Language in subjects relevant to their proposed courses at not more than two sittings. In addition, Direct Entry candidates must possess a minimum of Lower Credit at National Diploma and/or Higher National Diploma level(s) or Merit at NCE level.
CANDIDATES ARE TO ENSURE THAT THEIR ‘O’ LEVEL RESULTS ARE UPLOADED ON THE JAMB WEBSITE – CAPS.
NOTE: For the list of relevant subjects for each Course/Programme, check the homepage of the University website. Any false declaration could lead to a candidate’s disqualification at any stage of the admission process.
- METHOD OF REGISTRATION
Click on “2023/2024 UPASE (2023 UTME & DE)”
On the page that appears, click on ‘UPASE- DE/UTME Login’
- Enter your JAMB registration number.
- Enter one of your names.
- Click on ‘Login’.
- Upload your ‘O’ level result(s).
- DE candidates should also upload their Higher level result(s).
- Choose any other course from the list of Departments if your UTME/’O’ level subject combinations do not meet the minimum requirements for the course registered with JAMB.
- Click on ‘Proceed to payment gateway’.
- Confirm your entries.
- Click on ‘payment link’ button to proceed to payment gateway.
- Payment is done through Debit Card (MasterCard – Most preferred) or Verve (only the ones enabled for online payment) or Bank branch (by generating RRR from application portal).
- Enter ATM Debit card details (Card number, expiry date, CVV 2 i.e the 3 digits behind your card, and pin number)
If payment is successful, the screen will display all the data you previously entered.
- Click on the ‘Print’ button to print the document
NOTE: Keep checking the University website for further information.
All enquiries should be directed to the following: email@example.com or call 08028949142 and 09023418632.