The management of Bayero University Kano has released the resist guidelines for students who couldn’t graduate as a result of failure of maximum of three courses.
The school states that only students who have registered and failed a maximum of three (3) courses which prevented them from graduating in 2020/2021 session at final year, spill over I and spill over II levels are to be considered for the Special Re-sit Examination.
The affected students are to pay a non-refundable fee of:
- N25,000 for one (1) course
- N35,000 for two (2) courses and
- N45,000 for three (3) courses
- Students that have already registered for 2022/2023 session and have satisfied the requirement of item 1 above at the same time passed the Special Re-sit Examination(s) are to be refunded the balance from the amount paid, depending on number of the Re-sit courses.
- Students in category 3 above, who fail any course during the Special Re-sit are to be allowed to continue with their spill-over without additional cost since they have already paid using the stipulated fee
- Students who have not paid for the 2022/2023 session registration fees and at the same time fail any course during the Special Re-sit are to pay balance of the registration fees stipulated in their various courses of study.
- Students with approved incomplete grading in not more than three (3) courses are also to be considered after paying service fee of N15,000
- Students that fail to register ONLY one (1) core course but sat for its examination should be considered for the Special Re-sit after granting him/her the window to dully register the course.
- Registration period for the Special Re-sit to commence from Monday 28th August to Saturday, 9th September, 2023.
- The affected students are to visit: www.mybuk2.buk.edu.ng/ugresit for payment and registration guidelines from 28th August, 2023.
- Any student who pays for the Special Re-sit without confirming eligibility from the department does so at his/her own risk.
- The Examination are to commence on Monday 11th to Saturday 16th September, 2023.
- All affected students are expected to visit their respective departments for more information.