For international graduate students who want to study in Malaysia, this is fantastic news. The Government of Malaysia Scholarship for International Students to Study in Malaysia is presently accepting applications.
The Malaysian Government’s Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) program aims to encourage exceptional minds from all over the world to pursue postgraduate studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aligns with Malaysia’s ambition to become one of the world’s leading intellectual hubs by attracting, inspiring, and maintaining brilliant human capital from around the world.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Graduates from the recipient countries (see guidelines) of MIS 2022 should apply for the Government of Malaysia International Scholarship in 2022/2023.
- desire to pursue full-time postgraduate studies in Malaysia (Masters/PhD); or are currently pursuing full-time postgraduate studies in Malaysian public universities and select private higher educational institutions.
- Additionally; the applicant must meet the following conditions
- Is not more than 40 and 45 years old at the time of application for Master and PhD levels respectively
Possessing good academic qualifications:
- Masters applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper (Honours) or higher at Bachelor’s Degree level;
- PhD applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / excellent results at Masters level in course related to the intended study program
Mastering good proficiency of English Language:
- Obtaining band 6.0 or higher in IELTS; or
- Obtaining a total score of 550 or higher in TOEFL paper-based test (PBT); or
- Has obtained previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instructions (evidence is a prerequisite).
- Submitting a written research proposal with minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the intended field of study.
- This scholarship covers tuition expenses as well as a monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00.
- Successful applicants will be expected to plan their own travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions). The Malaysian government will not cover your travel expenditures.
- It is strongly encouraged that all applicants research the projected living expenditures in Malaysia.
How to Apply
The MIS application can be found on the program’s online application portal. Applicants will be required to furnish all required information and have all of the required documents scanned and stored in PDF format before uploading to the online application system.
- Application Form;
- A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality;
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript(s) of previous degrees;
- A certified copy of English Proficiency test result (IELTS / TOEFL);
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees;
- Endorsement Form;
- Admission letter from Malaysian university/higher education institute (if applicable);
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- Research Proposal
This information was first published on nyscinfo.com. DMCA PROTECTED.