You must have seen portable yellow kiosk around your area with MoMo Agent inscribed on it and wondered what actually MoMo is? Well, MoMo is actually an acronym for MTN Mobile Money. In this article, we will show you how to become an Mtn MoMo agent.
MTN Mobile Money is a platform designed by Y’ello Digital Financial Services (YDFS), a subsidiary of MTN Nigeria, to provide mobile service their customers. While we know you might think about what this is, actually, you don’t have to be worried, because this article will give you extensive explanation of what MTN MoMo is all about.
MTN MoMo is very similar to POS and with it, you can carry out banking transactions by sending and receiving from anywhere in Nigeria. Having known what MTN MoMo is all about now, would you want to become a MoMo agent? If yes, be attentive to the details of this article, because it will guide you on your way to becoming an agent. Note that Y’ello Digital Financial Services (YDFS) is licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
What are the services rendered by a MoMo Agent?
Before we go into the requirements for becoming an agent, let us look at the services rendered by a MoMo agent:
- Bulk disbursement of money to many people with just a click.
- Transfer of money to individual accounts
- Bills payment such as satellite TV and electricity, etc.
- Money deposits on behalf of customers
- Cash withdrawals.
Requirements for becoming a MoMo Agent
- You must be ready to dedicate your time, resources and energy to MoMo agent banking.
- You should have a shop or kiosk.
- A valid means of identification which could be National ID card, International passport and any other valid ID cards.
- One passport photograph.
- At least N20,000 capital.
- Filled MoMo Authentication Form issued by any MTN office.
How to become an Mtn Momo agent and make profit
Follow the steps below to become Mtn Momo agent;
1) Ensure you have all the requirements stated above.
2) Go to the nearest MTN office to pick interest form. Fill and submit the form at the office.
3) You can also download the application form from the MoMo agent website at www.momoagent.com.ng.
4) Upon successful registration, you will be contacted by a staff of MTN to investigate if you are qualified to be allowed to be an agent. A physical inspection of your business location will be conducted by the staff.
To become a MoMo agent is very simple and hugely rewarding. In a country like Nigeria, where jobs are scarce, one thing an individual could do for himself to earn a legal living is to seize the opportunity presented by Y’ello Digital Financial Services (YDFS).