After applying for NYSC relocation, next is to check your application approval status. In this article, I will show you how to check your NYSC relocation status and how to print out your relocation letter.
What is NYSC relocation?
NYSC relocation is the act of moving a corps member from one state to another for service based on marital, security and health reasons. Another name for NYSC relocation is redeployment.
For example, if Joseph was posted to Sokoto, NYSC can relocate Joseph to another state say Lagos where he is more convenient if he applied for it.
How many times can NYSC relocate a Corps member
As many times as possible, there is no specific number of times NYSC can relocate a Corps member. For example, NYSC can relocate a Corps member from Sokoto to Delta, from Delta to Anambra and from Anambra to Lagos.
How to check your NYSC redeployment status
Below are step by step procedures to check your NYSC relocation status;
1. Go to NYSC portal at portal.nysc.org.ng,
2. Log into your dashboard with your E-mail address and Password,
3. Once logged in, scroll down. You will see relocation icon,
4. Click on “Relocation” as shown below;
5. Once you clicked on “Relocation”, your relocation application status will be shown. You can scroll down to read your application status.
You will see something like “Pending…” if you have not been relocated. But if you are relocated, you will see “Congratulation!!! Your Application has been approved…”
Now, the problem is, you cannot see the State where NYSC relocated you to except you pay the sum of 1000.00 naira for Relocation letter printing.
How to print NYSC relocation letter
To print your relocation/redeployment letter, continue from step 6 below;
6. Click on the blue link “Click here to Pay and Print your Relocation Letter” on your dashboard,
7. Select payment option by clicking on the field. It will displays payment confirmation,
8. Under Remita Status, Click “Pay Now”,
9. Confirm your details,
10. Click “Proceed To Payment” button
11. Enter your ATM card details
12. Click “Pay NGN 1176” button.
You will be charged N1000 plus N176 commission.
NYSC Relocation letter sample
Below is the sample of NYSC relocation letter;
Please, keep your printed payment slip safe. It would serve as evidence of payment in case matter arises.
Also, make photocopies of the printed relocation letter for future reference.
You can share your NYSC relocation experience in the comment section below