Female international/DACA students who are enrolled or accepted to a full-time STEM degree program at a program MPOWER funds in the United States or Canada are eligible to receive the Scholarships each year.
This scholarship program is targeted toward women who will use their STEM degrees to benefit society and the planet and who have the potential to serve as role models and advocates for women in STEM. This program is in line with MPOWER’s commitment to empowering high-potential global citizens to realize their educational aspirations and become tomorrow’s leading scientists and innovators.
- Be accepted at, or enrolled in, a full-time degree programme at a U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports
- Be an international student allowed to legally study in the U.S. or Canada, as applicable:
- For study in the U.S., this means that the applicant meets one of these criteria:
- Has a valid visa that permits study in the U.S.
- Is protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Is a U.S. permanent resident (Green Card holder)
- For study in Canada, this means the applicant meets one of these criteria:
- Is a Canadian permanent resident
- Has a valid Canadian study permit
- Grand Prize: $6,000
- Runner-Up: $2,000
- Honorable Mention: $1,000
MPOWER will select winners based on:
- The quality of the applicant’s written essays; the essays should demonstrate clarity of thought, compelling goals and vision, and superior writing skills in English;
- The applicant’s record of academic and (if applicable) professional distinction;
- The applicant’s potential to make significant contributions in a STEM field that will benefit people and/or the planet; and
- The applicant’s track record and/or potential as a role model and advocate for women and girls in STEM.