The Leading Africa Scholarship is a program created to guarantee that exceptional young Africans would be represented at the One Young World Summit in Belfast in 2023.
With more than 60% of its population under 25, Africa is home to the largest group of young people in the entire planet. Given that 72% of its workforce is employed in “vulnerable” positions and that some nations are struggling with issues of governance and violent extremism, the Fourth Industrial Revolution may be able to save this young, energetic people. They have the power to drastically alter their regions’ politics, energy, infrastructure, health care, and other fields thanks to their enormous numbers.
Young leaders are developing important plans to create a more sustainable region in the midst of these opportunities and difficulties. One of those leaders, are you? If that’s the case, One Young World wants to invite you to the upcoming Summit.
Leading Africa Scholarship Benefits
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, UK.
- Hotel accommodation between 1 and 5 October 2023.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The cost of travel to and from Belfast. Your flight to and from Belfast must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please be aware that you will be responsible for paying the visa fee yourself if you receive a scholarship and need a visa to travel to the UK to attend the One Young World Summit in 2023. In addition to the applicable service fee from your local visa application center, the visa costs 100 GBP. You, the participant, are responsible for paying the cost of the visa, any applicable service charges, as well as any additional fees connected with the visa application (such as transportation expenses to and from the visa application center).
Leading Africa Scholarship Requirements
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30*
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
Leading Africa Scholarship Interview date, Process & Venue
The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by mid-May 2023. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team if you have been shortlisted.
- We cannot guarantee any applicant that they will be shortlisted or that we will secure sponsorship for any shortlisted applicant.
- Priority will be given to applicants from countries that have been less represented at previous One Young World Summits.
- Priority will also be given to first-time Summit attendees (not OYW Ambassadors).
- Due to the overwhelming amount of applications we receive, One Young World is unable to respond to individual emails enquiring about the outcome of the Leading Africa selection process.
- We do not provide feedback as to why candidates are not selected.
[maxbutton id=”13″ url=”https://www.oneyoungworld.com/scholarships/leading-africa-scholarship-2023″ text=”CLICK HERE TO APPLY” ]