The government organization tasked with coordinating the surveillance, identification, and response to infectious disease epidemics is the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC). The NCDC has implemented a new instrument for disease surveillance throughout the past three years. The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) jointly developed the Surveillance, Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) to strengthen Nigeria’s public health system by enhancing disease surveillance, outbreak detection, and management.
The Pan Respiratory Disease Surveillance (PRDS) Project will help the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) better implement its duty to lead the preparedness, detection, and response to infectious disease epidemics and public health emergencies.
In light of this and in accordance with the PPA 2007, the Center, in partnership with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), is hiring for the following positions:
Job Title: Project Officer
Scope of Work
The services to be rendered include the following:
- Supports the project management in creating program descriptions and terms of reference for all program activities in the PRDS project. Assists the project manager in carrying out the PRSD Project and other associated project activities.
- Helps to examine and put into practice the conclusions and suggestions made during the One Health Zoonotic Disease Prioritization workshop.
- Helps to create integrated respiratory illness case investigation forms that are SORMAS-configured and supports their dissemination to pertinent sectors.
- By conducting desk reviews, in-person interviews, and site visits to state and local government health leadership, medical facilities, labs, and communities, this project helps to map existing respiratory illness monitoring, data management systems, and interoperability.
The applicant must possess the following:
- A first degree in biological and medical sciences (B.Sc. in microbiology, biology, zoology, or biochemistry; MBBS, MBBCh, etc.; plus at least a year of experience working for a public health organization or on public health initiatives).
- Sound time management skills and capacity to balance competing priorities;
- Work well in a team environment and able to work independently;
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines;
- Strong computer skills including expertise in Word, Powerpoint, and other relevant computer packages and platforms.
- Excellent English Writing and Communication Skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
Opening of Submission:
In the presence of the applicants or their representatives, the proposals will be opened at the Office of the Head (Procurement), Procurement Office NCDC Headquarters, Ground Floor, as soon as the deadline for submission has passed.
- The submission must be in English Language and signed by the applicant;
- Submission made after the deadline for submission shall be returned un-opened
- Deadline: Friday; 19th August 2022 (on or before 12 noon).
How To Apply
Candidates who are interested and qualified should submit their best offer in response to this request in a sealed envelope with their name and address clearly printed on the back.
This is to be submitted at the following address:
Nigeria Centre for Disease Control,
Plot 801, Ebitu Ukiwe Street,
Attention: The Head (Procurement), CC: Head (Human Resources)
This information was first published on nyscinfo.com DMCA PROTECTED.