If you want to travel to an East European country while still being able to experience the benefits of being in Western Europe, Romania is the place to go. If you’re planning a trip to Romania for business, tourism, visiting, or conferences, here’s how to find and do business with the Romanian Embassy in Nigeria at any of their missions, as well as how to apply for Romania Visa in Nigeria.
Before we proceed, find below the addresses of Romanian Embassies in Nigeria:
Embassy of Romania, FCT Abuja
No. 76, Nelson Mandela Street, Plot 498, Asokoro, Abuja.
Telephone number: +234 903 841 1860
Fax number: +234 314 2306
The Romanian Embassy in Abuja’s email address is Abuja. Cons1@mae.ro.
Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Embassy of Romania, Lagos
No. 228A, Muri Okunola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Telephone number: +234 1 262 2314
Fax number: +234 1 262 3093
Visa Procedures at the Romanian Embassy in Nigeria
- The first step in obtaining a Romanian visa is to visit the e-visa webpage of the Romanian Embassy in Nigeria.
- Download the visa application, acquire all of the necessary information, and submit it to the following website address: http://evisa.mae.ro
- Follow the instructions, the purpose is to avoid time wastage at the embassy.
- Fill in your particulars and upload the requirements needed and forward them online.
- The Romanian consular authority will check your information and documents before allowing you to schedule an online visa appointment.
- You will schedule a day to be at the embassy for the verification of original papers and file registration.
- In addition, the visa application cost must be paid in cash at the Consulate.
The normal prerequisites for getting Romanian visas are as follows:
- A valid international passport for at least 3 months
- Two passport-sized photographs that (Recently taken)
- Airline Ticket that has been confirmed
- Health-care coverage
- Hotel reservation that has been confirmed
- If you are invited to an event in Romania by an organization, you must produce a letter of invitation detailing the reasons for the event, as well as a basic travel allowance of 50 EUR per day for the duration of the event. However, the amount must be at least EUR 500 or the equivalent in convertible currency. Read how to apply for India visa in Nigeria.
According to the website of the Romanian Embassy, Nigerians must submit an invitation approved by the General Inspectorate for Immigration – Romanian Ministry of Internal Affairs, when applying for the following types of short-stay visas: private visit visa, tourist visa, and business visa.