The ESPEN Competition & Award 2021 is now accepting applications. The ESPEN (Education Students Promoting Education in Nigeria) Competition & Award is a Lade-Win Initiative yearly event that recognises undergraduate students in Nigeria who are raising awareness and contributing to the improvement of the Nigerian educational system. This article shows you how to apply for ESPEN Competition & Award 2021.
The Lade-Win Initiative is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organisation whose mission is to promote sustainable development goals via innovative solutions and educational activities. Digital Knowledge: the Tool for Promoting Education in Nigeria is the subject for the ESPEN Competition & Award in 2021.
Ladewin Initiative’s Background (LADEWIN)
The Ladewin Initiative (commonly known as LADEWIN) is a nonprofit organisation registered with the Nigerian government under the RC: CAC/IT/No 150543. It’s also registered with the Federal Ministry of Education’s FCT Agency for Mass Education with the number FCT/AME/CE/APP/022. It was also recognised by the Ministry of Budget and National Planning as a Nongovernmental Organization with the RN: MBNP/NGO-IC/S.1284/1, allowing it to carry out whatever activity it sees fit in Nigeria. The Economic and Financial Crime Commission’s Special Control Unit Against Money Laundering has approved and certified LADEWIN.
The LADEWIN ESPEN Competition & Award’s Goals and Benefits
- Each winner would receive a brand new laptop computer. Other prizes include a cash prize of $200,000, a plaque award, and a certificate.
- Winners and selected candidates must be available to attend the Award Ceremony Day in Abuja in addition to receiving awards.
LADEWIN ESPEN Competition & Award Qualification Requirements
- All undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions (Private and Public) studying any education subject are eligible to apply.
- There is no application fee;
- Plagiarism checks will be performed on all essays.
- With a Student ID Card or Admission Letter, applicants must be at least 16 years old and no more than 30 years old.
- Proof that you are enrolled as a student.
- If chosen, a consent letter from the department HOD or Faculty Dean may be necessary in order to go to Abuja for the Award.
- Must compose an essay of no more than 400 words (not including references) to be submitted on the Application Webpage with the title: “Digital Knowledge: the Tool for Promoting Education in Nigeria,” Times New Roman 12, single spaced, left margin. An introduction, major body, and conclusion are required;
- The essay must be in PDF or Word format.
- The Committee members may invite the winners to give a presentation to defend their articles. Candidates who are unable to defend their submissions effectively may be disqualified.
How to Apply for ESPEN Competition & Award 2021
Interested and qualified individuals are advised to visit Ladewin Initiative (LADEWIN) on accounts.google.com to register and apply.
Successful submissions may compete in an online competition, choosing one (1) social media platform and gauging public acceptability of their (essay) by asking friends and family to vote for them.
Visit the LADEWIN website for additional information.