How To Obtain Yellow Card In Lagos
A yellow card is a crucial document to carry if you plan to travel outside of Nigeria to some African or American nations. A yellow card serves as verification that you have had a yellow fever vaccination. In turn, the vaccination shields you from contracting the illness in nations where it is widespread. We shall go over how to receive a yellow card in Lagos in this article.
How To Obtain Yellow Card In Lagos
Like other regions of the nation, the process to obtain a yellow card in Lagos starts at the portal for yellow card Nigeria. To finish the process after successfully registering via the portal, you would need to go to a Post Health office.
Let’s start with the first step, which is signing up on the webpage for Yellow Card Nigeria.
Below, we examines how to register on the Yellow Card Nigeria portal:
- Visit the yellow card Nigeria portal at https://www.yellowcardnigeria.com
- Click on the menu bar at the top right corner of your screen (if you are using a mobile phone), then select “Register”
- You would be expected to fill in your personal information including your surname, other name and your date of birth
- On the same page, select your gender
- Next, enter your active mobile number
- From the options of “Nigerian Passport” and “Foreign Passport”, choose the former. Then, input the unique ID number of your international passport in the field provided for that information
- Provide your email address
- Supply your house address, and an alternative address (meaning you would need to provide two residential addresses)
- Next, select “Lagos” from the list of States in Nigeria
- At the bottom of the page, you’d see that you would have to pay N2000 to complete the registration. The payment options include Visa, MasterCard, remita, internet banking, mobile banking and bank branches
- Click on your preferred payment option from the available options
- Tick the “I am not a robot” reCAPTCHA box
- Click on “Pay Now” to make the payment using your preferred option. If you are not ready to pay, click on “Pay Later”
If you choose to pay through bank branches, you will be given an RRR number that you must print and take to any licensed commercial bank in Nigeria in order to complete the transaction.
You must visit the Post Health office in Lagos that is most convenient for you after completing your registration on the Yellow Card Nigeria portal and paying the N2000 fee. A copy of your passport’s bio-data page and the payment confirmation must be brought with you.
Port Health office in Lagos is along the road leading to the Murtala Mohammed International Airport in Mafoluku Oshodi. On the way to MMIA, you would pass by the yellow building directly beside the toll booth. The structure is visible to your left, just before the tollgate, if you are approaching from Ikeja.
The documentation you brought, such as the payment confirmation and a copy of your passport’s biodata page, would need to be verified by the staff at the Port Health office. If you hadn’t recently received a vaccination, you would then receive one.
The Tincan Island SeaPort and all of the federal secretariats located around the state, in addition to the Port Health office we just mentioned, are additional locations in Lagos where you can obtain a yellow card. In addition, you can obtain a yellow card in Lagos at the borders of Idiroko and Seme. But, as you would incur additional costs if you obtained your yellow card from one of the other options we previously listed, we do not recommend that you obtain it from these land borders.
When To Get Vaccinated Before Traveling Put Of Nigeria?
At least ten days before to your departure date, you should acquire your vaccinations. Some immigration officers may try to make you remain longer before leaving Nigeria if you received a yellow fever vaccination and want to leave Nigeria right away.
Who Is Exempted From Getting Vaccinated?
We should inform you that whenever you leave Nigeria, you do not require a yellow fever card. For admittance into their territory, certain nations do not require the yellow fever vaccination. Nonetheless, the yellow card is necessary in a number of African nations and in more than a dozen American nations. So, it is wise to find out if a yellow card is required for the nation you intend to visit.
Children under the age of ten are exempt, in addition to the exemption due to the absence of a yellow card requirement in some nations. This is due to the yellow fever vaccination given to all Nigerian infants at 9 months of age.
Also, those who are 60 years of age or older, as well as those who are pregnant or breastfeeding, are excluded.
List Of Countries That Requires Yellow Card Before Entry
You wouldn’t need to get another injection while applying for a new yellow card if you had recently received the yellow vaccination. Visit the Port Health office with your outdated card.
We’ve already established that nations with a high incidence of yellow fever require a yellow card in order to protect both its residents and visitors from the illness. You should be aware that there is yet no known type of yellow fever.
The following nations require a yellow card for entry:
- Burkina Faso
- Central African Republic
- Republic of Congo
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Equatorial Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- South Sudan
- French Guiana
- Trinidad and Tobago