The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) welcomes applications for the NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship Program in 2021. Qualified undergraduate students enrolled in NUC-accredited courses at Nigerian universities are encouraged to apply online. In this article, we will show you a guide on how to apply for NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship Program.
At the Bonga field, the Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo) pioneered Nigeria’s deep-water oil and gas production, which increased Nigeria’s oil capacity by 10% when production began in 2005. Bonga has the capacity to add more than 200,000 barrels of crude oil and 150 million standard cubic feet of gas to Nigeria’s daily production if it operates at full capacity. Shell is Nigeria’s oldest energy firm, with a long history of supporting the country, its people, and its economy. Shell is a worldwide oil and petrochemicals conglomerate with 93,000 employees spread across more than 70 countries.
NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship: Purpose and Benefits
The programme aims to promote academic excellence and help young Nigerians develop their talents. It gives successful applicants a yearly scholarship from their second year until the end of their undergraduate degree programme.
Qualifications for NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarships
Candidates must fulfill the following necessities in order to be considered for the scholarship:
- Be a Nigerian citizen.
- Be enrolled in their second year of full-time study at a Nigerian Federal or State University that has been accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
- In a 5-grade system, have a minimum CGPA of 3.5.
- You must not be a recipient of any other scholarship (National or International)
- NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship Requirements NNPC
- The NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship application is completely free.
- The official portal for the NNPC/ SNEPCo Scholarship is SCHOLASTICA.
- When applying for the NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship online, be wary of bogus websites. During the application process, such websites may require you to pay a fee.
- Applications must not be submitted via e-mail, as such will not be attended.
- Representatives/agents are not assigned by NNPC/SNEPCo to assist candidates with their applications.
- At any stage of the scholarship, any candidate found to have presented fake documents will be rejected or withdrew.
Required Documents for the Application
As part of the application, applicants should include scanned copies of the following documents:
- A recent passport-sized photo of the applicant in JPEG format, with a file size of no more than 200 kilobytes;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result
- O’ Level Results, ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as relevant
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) or JAMB Admission Letter; Result
- Letter of Identification from the applicant’s home state indicating the applicant’s local government
- Academic results for the 2019/2020 Academic Session at the 100 level
How to Apply
If you are qualified, visit Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company on candidate.scholastica.ng to apply
- Select the “Apply Now” tab.
- To establish an account, click “Register Now.”
- To activate your account, go to your email box.
- To return to the Scholarship site, go to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo.
- To submit your information, enter your registered email address and password.
- Fill in your personal information, NIN (if applicable), educational information, and other facts, as well as any relevant scanned documents.
- Ensure that the names in apps match the names in the documentation. Include a sworn affidavit or certificate if necessary.
- After you’ve uploaded all of your documents, double-check that they’re clear and accurate.
- Upload a passport photo with a white background when urged to do so.
- To avoid mistakes, double-check the application’s details.
- To submit information, click “Apply Now.”
- You will receive an email and a text message confirming the success of your application.
- Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/ to obtain your profile, then have your Head of Department sign the paperwork.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile for verification purposes.
- If you didn’t get a National Identification Number (NIN) in step 6.
- To get a National Identification Number (NIN) (NIN)
- To register and learn more about the National Identity Number, go to http://ninenrol.gov.ng.
- Fill in the relevant fields and click “Create Account.”
- To complete the form, enter your email address and password.
- Arrange for a time for the photo and finger print capture when you’ve finished.
- Any of the 37 capture centres can be visited. www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to finish the registration process and get your National Identification Number
- You can also complete your entire registration at the NIMC.
- To verify completeness, go back to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo and amend your application with your National Identification Number (NIN).