In its bid to bridge the knowledge and skill gaps in small business management, Wema Bank Nigeria Plc has launched a business school for Small and Medium Enterprises owners in Nigeria. The school which is expected to teach Nigerians about business will be called Wema Bank’s SME Business School, and it will equip Small and Medium Enterprise managers with essential leadership skills needed to handle their businesses effectively and respond to market demand.
Ademola Adebise, the Chief Executive Officer of the bank, disclosed that the school, the first of its type in Nigeria, was essential as small and medium enterprises are an important factor at decreasing poverty and unemployment and growing economy.
He further stated that the programme, which has been scheduled for hosting at the bank’s training facility at Illupeju, Lagos, would be handled by top-notch local and international professionals at no cost to the participants.
How it will Work
- The Wema Bank’s SME Business School will bring together, people from different sectors of the economy, as the bank has a strong relationship with development finance firms. With that, Wema Bank will position the participants for funding opportunities available in the concerned firms.
- The school has been structured to take care of essential and in-demand courses needed to train them in skills necessitated by the evolving business scene. This will eliminate the lack of skills for enterprises with access to enough funding.
- The curriculum will shut the knowledge gap that affects a higher number of Small and Medium Enterprises in Nigeria, resulting in poor business structure and management.
- It is a tuition-free programme that will be held two times in the year across different locations in Nigeria across all regions.
- There will be online and in-class sessions, beginning in Lagos
- The in-class session will last for 5-days, and is targeted at educating and supporting 3, 000 SMEs in the next two years.
Besides the commitment of Wema Bank Nigeria Plc to funding the Business School, the initiative is supported by the Frankfurt School of France and Management, Germany.
For more information, you may visit Wema Bank’s official portal at www.wemabank.com. You can also stay with nyscinfo.com for up-to-date information on this programme.